NO CERTIFICATION REQUIRED TO
SCUBA DIVE ON KAUAI !!!
Even if you have never tried scuba
before ... you can dive with us !!!
Our Divers Have Said About Their Kauai Scuba Diving
Experiences With Scuba Steve !!!
People often will ask me, "Scuba
Steve, what is it like to go diving on Kauai?"
I tell them that it feels strange the first time.
The mask. The awkward gear, a bit heavy. You ease into the
water and your face slips below the surface.
Inhale; the air comes with a reassuring hiss, and for the
first time, you breathe underwater. In moments, you forget the
The equipment transforms to light and agile, and you're free
like you've never experienced before. With that first
underwater breath, the door opens to a different world. Not a
world apart, but different nonetheless.
I tell them to "Go through that door. Once you try Kauai
scuba diving with Scuba Steve, your life will never be the
No one but you can say what
calls you to scuba diving.
If you seek adventure, you'll find plenty, whether it's in a
sunken ship as you uncover its secrets, in a far corner of the
world amid other peoples and cultures, or in your backyard -
closer than you imagined possible.
If you love nature, you've come to the right place.
No other environment approaches the abundance, diversity and
vibrancy of a pristine coral reef. You can see more different
species in ten minutes there than in ten hours in the most
unspoiled wildernesses above water.
But with time, you'll discover that even unlikely places that
seem empty and sterile to the inexperienced eye - like a lake
or flooded quarry - teem with intriguing organisms - a
reminder that nature's imagination exceeds ours.
Come dive with us here on Kauai.
If discovery drives
you, welcome to inner space.
It's somewhat cliché, yet true, that we know the
surface of the moon better than we know the bottoms of the
oceans. Even at the most popular dive sites, you'll see things
most people never see and go where most people ever go.
Even with hundreds of dives under your belt, visiting a new
dive site thrills you with discovery, and visiting a familiar
one is a bit like coming home.
And scuba diving, especially scuba diving with Scuba Steve on
Kauai, means rising to new challenges. It's one of the rare
activities that deliver adrenaline and intensity, or serenity
You can take on challenges requiring training, planning and
focus: searching for and recovering lost objects, descending
to 100 feet (if your diving level permits) or exploring your
favorite dive site after sunset.
Or you can drift along in some of the world's most tranquil
and beautiful settings, with your biggest immediate worry
whether you want to stop and photograph that star fish or not.
Either way, diving grows with you - there's always somewhere
new to explore, something new to see, some new way to enjoy
the experiences. No other endeavor so easily matches exactly
what you're up for, right now, tomorrow, and ten years from
now. You cannot outgrow it.
You've probably seen photos, television and films about Kauai
scuba diving, but until you do it yourself, you can't really
understand what it's like. Nothing on earth matches the
sensations you experience - the thrill of breathing
underwater, the freedom of "weightlessness", and
unique sights and sounds.
Scuba Steve's "No
Certification Required Guided Reef Tour"...
the ultimate scuba diving experience !!!
It is designed to quickly move you into the open water
After a straight-forward knowledge and skill development
session, you will dive in small groups (maximum of 4 divers)
at a local dive site. You will learn basic dive safety
information and overview skills that you will use during your
open water dive.
The Water skills Development Session introduces essential
dive skills, such as mask clearing, regulator clearing and
alternate air source use. You will complete skills and gain
confidence in confined water before diving in the open water.
Then, together we will explore a local dive site.
The Open Water Dive Experience is where you will, under the
close and watchful eye of your PADI Instructor, put into
actual practice, these newly acquired skills !!!
You will become "best
friends" with your new underwater neighbors in no-time
.... and remember .... hand holding is available for scairdy
PADI DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING COURSE INCLUDES :
- Student Practice & Mastery
- Explanation of Equipment & Mask Preparation
- Effects of Pressure at Depth
- Regulator Recovery & Clearing
- Mask Partial Flooding and Clearing
- BCD Inflator/Deflator Techniques
- Proper Breathing Techniques
- Proper Swimming Techniques
- Use of SPG (Submersible Pressure Gauge)
- Underwater Communications
- Hand Holding Available - As Necessary
- Questions and Answers Time
- Open Water Exploration Dive(s) - Maximum of 4 divers in this
- (Bottom time is determined by your own air consumption
SCUBA STEVE'S SCUBA SHACK PROVIDES YOU
- TUSA Regulators, Dive Computers and Gauges
- TUSA Padded Integrated Weight System BCD's
- 3mm-5mm Full & Tropic-style Shorty Wet Suits
- Zippered Dive Booties for Ultimate Comfort and Fit
- TUSA Power Fins for Ease of Travel under Water
OUR DIVE SITE COMFORTS :
- Full Protection from Sun and Rain
- American-sized Director-style Seating
- Clean carpeted staging area
- Fully secured and locked area for personal items
- Solar Showers for after-dive rinsing
- Beverages and (sometimes) local organic fruits
- Easy directions from anywhere on Kauai
- Restaurants near-by for after-dive lunch
- Near-by beaches for snorkeling and sun bathing